One of the statements that really encourages me in my marriage is found in the book of Genesis. The bible starts off with God speaking into existence light and darkness and eventually on to the creation of Adam, soon after, God institutes and blesses the first marriage. Marriage is so important to God that the bible begins with a marriage and ends with one.
I have been married for over 15 years now. My husband and I met in Florida at a base pic-nic. The only reason I went was for the free food. It was there that I met my Husband and his infectious smile. From then to now, we have have grown in God and our understanding of marriage. We realized that marriage was more than a mere "I do" to each other, it was a covanent before the almighty God. After reading an article by http://www.barna.org/ The Barna Group researched the number of divorces in the Church. I was left thinking, Are you serious? Are we the people that God spoke to concerning preaching the Gospel. Is there anyone, named the name of Christ, living out the word of God or are we all just parots, mimicing what we have heard? I ask you, what's up with that? If we are who we say we are, God living in us, then why is it that we can't STAY MARRIED? God thinks so highly of marriage that the bible starts with a marriage and ends with one. In order to get to the end result, being a presented as a glorious church (bride) to the son, we must follow everything inbetween. One man that really drives this point home in his ministry is Bishop Wellington Boone. http://www.wellingtonboone.com/ In fact, I will be referring to many of his works in my blogg. Again, I ask the question Why aren't we staying married brothers and sisters?
No comments:
Post a Comment